BLOOM is an EU-funded Horizon 2020 project that aims to raise public awareness and interest in the bioeconomy. Through dialogue and co-creation activities, the project is developing and strengthening regional networks in order to foster greater understanding about the potential of the bioeconomy. VA (Public & Science) is one of 12 European partners in this three-year project, which started in November 2017.
The aim of the project is to boost European citizens’ knowledge and awareness of Bio-economy research and innovation. How can we be more environmentally friendly, reduce our use of fossil fuels and reduce waste through the use of innovative bio-based raw materials?
The project aims to stimulate activities and dialogue about the bioeconomy at both a regional and EU level.
The five regional hubs focus on three bioeconomy topics:
- Food and agriculture (Spain, Poland)
- Forestry and paper ( Finland & Sweden )
- Bio-chemistry and bio-plastics (The Netherlands, Austria & Germany)
The Nordic Hub’s objectives:
Through dialogue with different stakeholders and public engagement activities:
- Raise awareness and enhance knowledge of the bioeconomy and forest-based materials and products among Finnish and Swedish citizens.
- Strengthen the Finnish & Swedish bioeconomy community by engaging NGOs, policy makers, business, research and innovation sector, the education sector and civil society organisations.
Zentrum für Soziale Innovation, Austria (Project Coordinator)
Wissenschaftsladen Bonn, Germany
Stichting Wagening Research, the Netherlands
European Schoolnet, Belgium
Global Ecovillage Network, Germany
Campus de Excelencia Internacionalen Agroalimentacion, Spain
Copernicus Science Centre, Poland
University of Agriculture Krakow, Poland
University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Ökosoziales Forum Europa, Austria
Get in touch and join the network!
If you are interested in joining the BLOOM Nordic Hub network, participating in our workshops, or if you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Project Manager Maria Hagardt.