Working in partnership with us
VA welcomes opportunities to work together with other organisations and participate in European projects. Below we outline the experience and expertise that we are able to bring to partnerships.
- Research: Conducting studies and surveys into the relationship between science and society. This includes an annual barometer into the Swedish public’s attitudes towards science and researchers (comparable data since 2002) as well as specific studies into societal groups, such as teachers, business and the media.
- Event management: Public engagement activities aimed at stimulating dialogue between researchers and the public in novel ways and in new arenas. These include workshops, science festivals, mass experiments, conferences, science cafés and competitions.
- Knowledge hub for public engagement and science communication in Sweden with experience developing toolkits and best practice guidelines.
- Projects specifically aimed at engaging young people, including citizen science mass experiments, student parliaments and science festivals.
- Science education initiatives, including the identification of teachers’ needs and provision of support.
- Media and communications training for scientists as well as an annual science communication competition for researchers.
- Swedish hub for the EU project RRI Tools (Responsible Research and Innovation).
- Coordinator of a national advocacy platform for Science with and for Society activity in Sweden involving 30 Swedish stakeholders.
- Advocacy work to inform and influence research policy at a national and international level.
- Facilitation of workshops, focus groups and discussion forums.
- Dissemination and communication expertise (online and offline).
- Stakeholder consultation and management.
- Extensive national and international networks.
We are particularly interested in projects relating to:
- Public engagement and science communication, particularly new and innovative ways of stimulating dialogue between science and society and disseminating knowledge
- Science education
- Responsible research and innovation
If you would like to discuss opportunities for collaboration, please get in contact:
Cissi Askwall, Secretary General of VA