VA is involved in many international projects and participates in studies, events and conferences. VA also carries out international comparisons of attitudes towards research in different countries. Find out more about these projects.
VA is involved in a number of ongoing EU projects financed primarily by the research and innovation programmes Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe. We currently collaborate with close 100 partners in 30 countries. Ongoing and completed projects are listed below.
In these projects we are working within the following areas of expertise: Public engagement, Science communication, Open Science, Citizen Science, Responsible research and innovation. Read more about the experience and expertise that we can bring to partnerships and projects.
VA’s ongoing EU projects
- ForskarFredag – Coordinator of European Researchers’ Night in Sweden
- Genderactionplus (2022-2026) The project is seeking to advance gender equality in the European Research Area through capacity building, policy exchange and coordination. Partner in the Horizon Europe project.
- LOESS (2023-2026) focuses on increasing soil literacy, via developing educational offers and continuous training programmes as well as skills development activities addressing multiple actors, stakeholders and target groups connected to soil education. Partner in the Horizon Europe project.
- Re-Mend (2023-2027) the project aims to generate new knowledge on the prevention of mental illness. Partner in the Horizon Europe project.
- Super MoRRI (2019-2024) the project will develop and improve methods for measuring activities within RRI (responsible research and innovation). National correspondent for the Horizon 2020 project.
- TechEthos (2022-2024) will develop guidance to ensure that the highest ethical standards are adopted at the EU and international levels in what regards new and emerging technologies. Third Party in the Horizon 2020 project.
- Tenacity (2022-2023) project will design and test a set of tools and strategies to engage the academic community, local citizens and decision makers in developing deliberations through a structured and inclusive approach. Partner in the Erasmus+ project.
- YouCount (2021-2023) is about developing new ways to increase social inclusion of young people. Partner in the Horizon 2020 project.
VA’s completed EU projects
- Allthings.BioPRO (2020-2023)
- RETHINK (2019–2021)
- ORION Open Science (2017–2021)
- EU-Citizen.Science (2019–2021)
- BLOOM Bioeconomy (2017–2020)
- SciShops – how to develop new Science Shops (2017–2020)
- RRI Tools (2014–2016)
- ComScience (2009–2012)
- 2WAYS (2009–2010)
Latest about VAs international projects
From virtual reality and chatbots to the real-life impacts of climate engineering, our rapidly advancing technological landscape is changing the way we live and work. But what do citizens across… Läs mer
Årets ForskarFredag har temat “Människan, hälsan och vattnet”. Med utgångspunkt i EUs fem missionsområden lyfter vi under 2023 särskilt forskning om hav, kust- och inlandsvatten samt forskning om cancer och… Läs mer
A week of exploration and discovery awaits visitors in 24 locations across Sweden at this year’s Swedish European Researchers’ Night, taking place from 25 – 30 September. (mer…) Läs mer
Nära 10 000 elever har fått besök av en forskare sedan konceptet låna en forskare började genomföras på nationell nivå 2021. Men vad händer egentligen under möten mellan forskare och… Läs mer
Vill du lära dig om hur utbildning och kunskap inom bioekonomi kan leda till intressanta jobb med hållbarhet i centrum? (mer…) Läs mer