A global pandemic, online meetings and the battle against disinformation! The last two years have truly proven how adaptive we, and our societies, can be in changing circumstances. Due to the pandemic, the use of digital technologies for science communication and engagement have evolved remarkably. These challenging times have also shown how important it is to work together, exchange knowledge and share information openly. But what makes a good digital communication or engagement initiative? How do you engage, educate and entertain digitally at the same time? What have we learnt and what trends do we see?
Join this event to explore the secrets of some successful Nordic Baltic science communication and engagement initiatives that have seen the light during the pandemic. Participants are encouraged to exchange ideas on how to strengthen the Nordic-Baltic science engagement community and further enhance collaboration across the Nordics, Europe and beyond.
Meet the speakers:
- Julia Brink, Project Manager, VA (Public & Science), Sweden
- Sidsel Flock Bachmann, Senior Advisor Communications, The Research Council of Norway
- Maria Hagardt, International Relations & Communications Manager /Hub Manager Sweden, VA (Public & Science), Sweden
- Adalheidur Jónsdóttir, Head of Education and Culture Division, Rannís, The Icelandic Centre for Research
- Reetta Kettunen, Secretary General, Committee for Public Information, Finland
- Niklas Marzinek, Senior Project Manager, Falling Walls Engage, Germany
- Terje Tuisk, Head of Development, Estonian Academy of Sciences.
- Welcome & introduction to the Falling Walls Engage Community and Hub Sweden
- Inspiring Nordic Baltic Scicomm Trends Showcase
- Networking & knowledge exchange
- Future Falling Walls Engage and Hub Sweden activities
Contact and more information
Find out more about the other International Hubs; Australia, Argentina, Canada, Greece, Kenya, Mexico and South Africa and their activities.
Falling Walls Engage is a unique international platform for leaders from the worlds of science, business, politics, the arts and society. It is also a global platform for breakthroughs in science engagement. Read more.