Datum & tid
27 sep 2021–28 sep 2021
Lägg till i kalender
Welcome to the virtual final ORION Open Science Conference on 27-28 September to learn about and discuss achievements and lessons learned throughout the ORION project from 2017 top 2021. The conference is free of charge and open to anyone interested in Open Science and RRI practices, and its future national and international implications.
At the heart of the ORION Open Science EU-project is the ambition to open up the way we fund, organise and conduct life science research. During the project lifetime we have developed and tested a wide range of engagement methods, funding schemes, training materials and co-creation activities to engage the public in science. Now it is time to open up and share with you our achievements, tools and lessons learned.
- Marta Agostinho, Coordinator, EU-Life
- Rachel Bruce, Head of Open Research, UK Research & Innovation (UKRI)
- Cecilia Cabello, Director of Operations, Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT)
- Claudia Colonello, Knowledge & Innovation
- Mihaela Costache, Project Officer, Research Executive Agency, European Commission
- Pilar Gayoso Diz, Deputy General Research Evaluation and Promotion, Instituto de Salud Carlos III
- Kostas Glinos, Head of Unit for Open Science, European Commission
- Joan Gómez Pallarès, General Director of Research Department of Research and Universities, Government of Catalonia
- Karel Luyben, National Coordinator for Open Science in the Netherlands, Delft University
- Ignasi López Verdeguer, Director of the Department of Science, ”la Caixa” Foundation
- Ana Peršić, Programme Specialist, Division of Science Policy and Capacity Building, UNESCO
- Peter Rugg-Gunn, Head of Public Engagement, Babraham Institute
- Luis Serrano, Director, Centre for Genomic Regulation.
The conference will consists of two parts, each three hours long and held on consecutive days, 27-28 September. You are welcome to join both days or just the part most relevant to you.
27 September 10:00-13:00 CET – Co-creation, engagement and dialogue – Sharing experiences
Get practical tips and hands-on tricks to engage the public in science and how to embed Open Science and RRI practices in your organisation. The session will highlight; citizen science activities, co-creation methodologies, funding frameworks, action plans and training materials developed and tested during the ORION Open Science project.
28 September 10:00-13:00 CET – Embedding Open Science practices at institutional, national and European level
Join policy makers and other stakeholders from across Europe to discuss ways to embed Open Science practices at all levels. The session will also focus on future implementation of Open Science in a European context with input from policy representatives from the European Commission and other EU projects.
Registrations to the conference have now closed. For more information about the conference or about the ORION project, please get in touch with Maria Hagardt International Relations & Communications Manager and project manager for ORION Open Science at VA.