VA Report 2021:5
- Women and men are interested in research in different fields
- Record numbers of Swedes have very high confidence in researchers
- A growing number consume research news on a weekly basis
- Podcasts are becoming an increasingly important channel for research news
- Swedes who know someone who works in research are more interested in research, consume research news more frequently, and are more likely to consider working as a researcher than those who don’t know someone who works in research.
These are some of the results of the 2021/22 VA Barometer. The VA Barometer is based on 1,016 telephone interviews with a random sample, representative of the Swedish population aged 16−74. It is the 20th Barometer survey since VA was founded in 2002. Read more about the survey on page 34.