VA Report 2019:9
- Interest in research in Sweden is increasing.
- Confidence in research remains high.
- The majority of Swedes access news about research every week.
- Digital media is an increasingly common channel for research news.
- Swedes are cautiously positive about future developments in AI.
These are some of the results of the 2019/20 VA Barometer. The VA Barometer is based on around 1,000 telephone interviews with a random sample, representative of the Swedish population aged 16−74. It is the 18th Barometer survey since VA was founded in 2002. Read more about the survey on page 30.