VA Report 2016:4
- Confidence in researchers is rising but has weakened.
- In the wake of the Macchiarini affair, confidence, predominantly in medical research, has been affected.
- The Swedish public is generally interested in research.
- There is, among many Swedes, a vague conception of several research fields, particularly the humanities.
- Human being, language and humanism are common associations with the humanities.
These are some of the results of the 2016/17 VA barometer. The VA Barometer is based on around 1,000 telephone interviews with a representative sample of the Swedish population aged 16–74. The interviews were carried out by market research company Exquiro between 15 September and 2 October 2016. It is VA’s 15th Barometer survey since the organisation was founded in 2002.